Friday, March 21, 2014

How old where you when you got into Disney?

How old where you when you first got into Disney? Where you a kid that on Sunday night at 7 pm were sitting in front of the TV watching The Wonderful World of Disney? Or did you watch The Mickey Mouse Club? Well I was 12 when I started watching The Wonderful World of Disney. I was living with my dad at the time. Every Sunday I would be at the TV watching all the things that Disney showed. That summer my dad brother and I packed up the camper and took a trip to Disneyland. Oh we saw my uncle too while we were there. But I would always remember the trip that we made to Disneyland. I remember a picture of me, my brother and my cousin that we took at the park. I was wearing a big floppy yellow hat. The picture is gone but the memory is still there. After that I knew somewhere in my life Disney would be a part of it. Growing up for me wasn't easy. It was just me and my dad. My dad worked all the time so TV was my friend. I used to come home from school turn on the TV and watch the Mickey Mouse Club. This was back in the late 70's. The MMC was the old black and white shows so that kept my dream of something better going. At the time I was living in Eastern Washington state. Going to Disneyland wasn't a thing that happened too often. During that time my family didn't know it was a part of my life. They just know that is a place I like to vacation.
It's wasn't until I got out of High School and moved to Seattle before I made my next trip to Disneyland. This time it wasn't in a camper but a small pick up truck. My dad, his wife, her son, me with two dogs. A little one and a big dog. What a nightmare! All I remember of that trip is how I was stick in the back with those two dogs. After that is was a long time when I went back.
The next time I went to Disneyland I had moved to LA with my boyfriend. Ever he didn't know about my Disney love. Well one day, when he had the day off we went to Disneyland. We only went once because a few months later we moved back to Seattle and shortly after that we went our own ways.
Now in 2007 I was living in Las Vegas NV when I first found out that Walt Disney World wasn't that expensive that I booked a trip. That trip I discovered that WDW was a better vacation than going to Disneyland. Living in Vegas, Anaheim was a 5 hour car trip and could be made in a day so going there was just day or overnight trips. I went to WDW in 2007 for the first time. I was there for a week. I had made all the plans myself. Boy I wish I had made better plans because when I got there it was so make to take in. But still I had a good it. It wasn't for a couple years later when I went back. This time I when though a travel agent. She made all the plans for me. I just needed to tell her where I wanted to stay and what restaurant I wanted to eat at. That made thing much easy than the first time.
Know I'm going on my 4th trip to WDW. But this time I'm a Annual Pass holder. That is a whole new ballgame. PERKS! Will I'm doing a Disney Dream. Being a Annual Pass holder. I just didn't buy the Disneyland pass but I bought the pass that is called the Premier Passport. That is good in Disneyland and Walt Disney World. It wasn't cheap. It was $900 but well worth it. Before getting the Pass I did the numbers to see if it was worth spending the money. I took how much a 1 day park hopper ticket was and divided into what the cost of the pass was. All I figured is that I would have to go to Disneyland for 5 days and make a 8 day trip to WDW. Well so far I have go to Disneyland for 6 days and will be going to WDW in Sept for 10 days. That makes it worth it. I saved some money. But hey it's a Disney Dream come True.
Now I'm in my 50's and going to Walt Disney World for the 4th time. My friends think that I'm crazy but they all life sad lives. Oh well! Now that was the whole reason to becoming a Blogger. I like to write about my Disney experiences. I would like to share what I know to the World. I know that there are a lot of other people that are like me. They are ones that understand that Disney is not just Theme park but a way of life. I have come across some other sites that they have the same love for Disney and have made them into good sites so here I take a stab at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment