Thursday, March 20, 2014

Magic Band

On my trip to WDW in 2013 I was able to test the Magic Band, When I got the email that my resort was part of the testing I was so thrilled. I had heard a lot about this new program that WDW was rolling out. Magic Bands streamlines everything at WDW. It holds your room key, tickets, meal credits and charging service. Also another service that the Bands give is the next Fast Pass system called Fast Pass+. This service gives you the chance to book your Fast Passes 60 days before your trip. When you are in the parks you can make your Fast Passes at kiosk though out the park. You can also change your passes at anytime.


When I was at WDW in September 2013, I was there for 10 days. My first night was at The All Star Movies Resort. This resort wasn't in the testing for that time but I wasn't spending my whole trip there. When I checked in I was surprised that my Band could open the door. I did have that reservation linked to the Band so I was able to open my room door. I also added my credit card to my Band. I don't do this often but I wanted to see how it worked. The first night went well.

The next day I transferred to the second resort. Pop Century. I would be staying the rest of my time there. The transfer went smooth. I just took my bags to Bell Services and they transferred my bags to Pop. Once I checked in to Pop I was able to use my meal credits and tickets. My room wasn't ready yet but the did text me when my room was ready. So I headed to the park.

When I got to the park gate thing were easy I had two tickets linked to my band. When I was at the gate all I had to do was hold my band up to the poll and the poll read my band so I got to entry the park. Since I had a Annual Pass I had to go to Guest Service to exchange my pass since I got my pass at Disneyland. This took some time because the Cast Member wasn't sure how to make the exchange.
After this was done I was able to go about my day.

When I used my meal credits it was easy. When I was to pay for my meal I would have to hold my Band up to the scanner and put in my pin number it was that simple.

When I use the band to buy things was also easy. I would scan and put in the pin,

After that trip, I went to Disneyland and took the Magic band with me. I wanted the Cast Members there what the Band looked like. A lot of the CM thought it was cool. When I talked to higher up CM's about if Disneyland was going to use this system. The answer that I got that Disneyland won't change to the Magic Band, Disneyland operations are so small that it wouldn't work.

Now my next trip won't be for a year. I have been reading other blogs and listening to Disney podcast and it sounds like it will be rolling out to everyone soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment