Monday, February 6, 2017

Getting a Passsport

I finally got a passport. I have a friend that is planning on moving to Mexico and wants be to be able to travel there. Also I live in Arizona and the ID it doesn't have the travel star on it. They say that the ID's will be O K until 2020. So getting a passport might make things easy.

Getting a Passport is a simple thing. The first thing you should do is go a web site that has that application. Fill it out online. After it is filled out print it out. You can't file it online because you have to a passport agent to have to filed.

Second getting Photos. There are many places to get them taken. The price can vary by place. I got my taken at Costco. I have a card with them so I paid $5 for 4 photos.

Third going to a passport agency. There are many places are listed on the Gov travel site passport website.
I went to a passport agent that is at the University. I didn't have to make a appointment.

Fourth getting Money orders. To file the application you need a money order. There is a agent fee. Since I went to the University. I could pay it with my bank card. Other places will ask for a money.

Fifth going to file. Going to the University it was easy. Key is going there first thing in the morning close to opening. A lot of people are filing for passports and travel card so it get busy though the day.

Make sure that you have all papers that you need ready. To go thought the filling , they say 15-20 minutes. but if you have everything ready it can go fast.

After all that is the waiting. If you don't need it right away, they say  4-6 weeks. My passport came in 10 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment